Sunday 8th April - Shenstone News

I was unable to get out birding today.  Easter is quite a family time for me and Bev so we spent most of  the day over at the inlaws.  Not that I mind in the slightest, the Mother-in-law cooks one of the finest roast dinners I have ever tasted! 

So with that in mind here the sightings from the patch today:

•There were 3 Northern Wheatears (2♂ & 1♀) present in the ploughed field along Back Lane today.  This is the first ♀ passage Wheatear of the Spring for Shenstone.  4 Kestrels and 8 Meadow Pipits were also noted in the area.

•A single ♂ Northern Wheatear was present on the ploughed fields near Shenstone House Farm.

Sightings and photo by Mark P (aka Interlopus maximus)

♀ Wheatear - 8th April 2012

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the Wheatears are by-passing my patch this spring Jase :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Wheatear Jason, and you enjoyed the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warren - It's still early mate...stick with it!

    Bob - Cheers mate...I will visit that restaurant again!

    ReplyDelete