Monday 23rd April 2012 - Shenstone

I could only manage the briefest of whistle stop visits to Shenstone today but it was still worthwhile as I picked up my first Common Whitethroat of the year at Heath Lane model aircraft field.  Also of note here were 2 Common Buzzards.

At Witch Lane there was a Moorhen on the cricket pitch of all places...quite what it was doing there left me stumped!  2 Swallows were over and 8 Tufted Duck were at Willow Marsh fishery.

The ploughed field on Back Lane again proved to be the most productive with 2 Wheateasr (1♂) present.

P.S. I didn't then manage to do any birding/patch visits for the next three days due to a series of events:  My Gran's funeral, voluntary work at Worcs Biological Records Centre and dealing with the aftermath of some twat in a transit van smashing into the back end of my motor whilst I was on my way home from said voluntary work! 

Common Whitethroat - 23rd April 2012
(crappy record shot)



Click on image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment