Wednesday 25th May 2011 - Shenstone

Today I decided to do an evening visit to Shenstone to listen for a possible returning Quail or maybe even pick up a Barn Owl.  I arrived just before 8pm and let just before 10pm.  Needless to say I managed to bag neither.  I'd also taken my bat detector with me but that wasn't needed either.  But hey, with patch wildlife there is always something to see.

On the wires along Back Lane were 2 juvenile Collared Doves along with an adult and at one area of Heath Lane I had 2 adult and at least 1 juvenile Common Whitethroat.  Added to that the red sky looked stunning as the sun went down at dusk.

Dusk at Shenstone - 25th May 2011:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, peaceful photo Jason.

    Great photos on the previous post too. I have seen Mother Shipton moths on other blogs but don't recall ever having seen one myself.

    ReplyDelete