Sun 1st May 2011 - Wyre Forest (yet again....)

Today I returned to the Wyre with my better half to do a butterfly walk around the rocket test facility.   As for Shenstone you may ask...well I did actually put in a good few hours there yesterday but there was so little about I didn't feel it merited a post (I'm sure you folks didn't want to read about Woodpigeons, Magpies and Large whites...because that was pretty much the sum of it!  Anyway, on with the post.

Unfortunately we didn't manage to pick up any Grizzled Skippers toady.  I think it was a bit late in the afternoon and the sun was in the wrong position causing dappled shade on some of the rides.  We did however record 17 Pearl-bordered Fritillaries,  2 Brimstones (1♂), 2 Green-veined White, 1 Large White and 2 Peacocks.  Surprisingly we only saw 1 Speckled Wood.

We only had a couple of species of day flying moth today, those being a Common Carpet and 2 Speckled Yellow.  As with my last visit to this site Garden Warblers, Blackcaps, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff were all in good song.

Anyway, here are a few photos by myself and Bev taken during the walk.

It's a good job we are staying outside the perimeter then!















Green-veined White (by Bev Kernohan):















Pearl-bordered Fritillary (by Bev Kernohan):






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Peacock:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Common Carpet (by Bev Kernohan):
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Speckled Yellow:

No comments:

Post a Comment