Monday 2nd May 2011 - Shenstone

Note to self - you really should try and keep on top of your blog entries Jase!

I started today's visit by doing a walk from Barrs Lane via the public footpath across the large field to the vicarage and then back along Butts Lane.  During this walk I recorded 4 singing Common Whitethroat, 4 Housemartins, 4 Swallows, 3 Linnets, 6 Skylarks.  There was a profusion of white butterflies out and just in this area of the patch alone I recorded 14 Small White, 3 Large Whites and 1 Green-veined White.  Also seen were a Peacock and a single Speckled Wood.

At Stanklyn Lane paddocks there was a Green Woodpecker, 2 Linnets and a Swallow.  3 Common Whitethroats were singing along the Lane.  In terms of butterflies it was a similar story with the whites in good numbers.  I also saw my first Brimstone Moth of the year at the edge of the beet field.

Heath Lane was extremely quiet with 2 singing Common Whitethroat being the only birds of note.  Also seen along Heath Lane were a single ♂ Orange Tip and a Peacock.

Witch Lane was also very quiet although I did pick up a Yellow Wagtail that flew over heading West.

No comments:

Post a Comment