Monday 18th April 2011 - Shenstone and Grimley

I started this mornings visit to the patch on Stanklyn Lane where Song Thrush, Yellowhammer, Common Whitethroat and Linnet were all perched up singing.  After a short while I was joined by TMH and we then checked out the rest of the Shenstone area for migrants.

Wheatears (1♂) were in a ploughed field along Witch Lane.  These were the only notable Spring migrants on the patch today.  Also seen along Witch Lane were a Mistle Thrush and 2 Pied Wagtails.

A Yellow Wagtail was present along Witch Lane by the old grain stores on plough at 5pm (JC)



From Shenstone I headed ten miles or so down the road to the gravel pits at Grimley.  The Wagon Wheel Lane pits were devoid of birds except for a handful of Tufted Duck.

Camp Lane pits were more productive and I picked up a Ringed Plover (my first for the year).  Also of note were Barnacle Goose, Shelduck, 2 Redshank, 2 Oystercatchers and a Sedge Warbler singing from near the causeway.

Yellowhammer - Shenstone, 18th April 2011:

2 comments:

  1. Little crackers them Yellowhammers Jase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are indeed Warren.

    ps. Im a couple opf days behind on my blog posts so bare with me

    ReplyDelete