Tuesday 25th Jan 2011 - Shenstone & Hartlebury

My visit to a rather overcast drizzly Shenstone started at Witch Lane. I only saw 7 Yellowhammers near the old grainstore today and 2 Stock Doves were also present nearby. Further up the lane I recorded 35 Fieldfare, 20 Starling, 10 Chaffinch and a Grey Heron.

From Witch Lane I headed over to Heath Lane paddock. It was really quiet in this location with only 9 Fieldfare, 12 Starling and 2 Linnets of note.

My final stop was Stanklyn Lane where I walked through the beet field and past the sheep field at Summerfield to to come out on the lane near the railway bridge. Disappointingly there was no sign of the Corn Bunting flock today. C.100 Linnet, c.40 Chaffinch, 7 Yellowhammer and a ♀ Kestrel were noted.



Prior to visiting the patch I had been to Hartlebury landfill to indulge myself in spot of gull watching (glamorous eh?). There were approx 500 gulls present in the fields today with the highlights being 2 adult Yellow-legged Gulls and an adult Great Black-backed Gull. Also present were c.300 Black-headed Gulls, c.200 large gulls (Herring & Lesser Black-backed Gulls). 2 Pied Wagtails were also seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment