Tuesday 31st August 2010 - Shenstone & Wassell Grove

Again things were relatively quiet around Shenstone this morning, although I did pick up 2 Common Whitethroat in the bushes alongside the Islamic School on Heath Lane, so all was not lost. Also of note were a Little Owl sat perched in its regular spot and a juvenile Kestrel.

I also saw a Hornet buzzing around the Ivy flowers on Heath Lane. This is only the second time I've recorded Hornet on the patch.



Later that day, on my way back from Halesowen, I popped to Wassell Grove/Lutley to catch up with fellow local patch birder Craig Round. Whilst I was there we had 6 Swifts over and I also managed to pick up the Lesser Whitethroat (found by CR earlier that morning) feeding on a blackberry in a bramble near Wassell Grove Fisheries.

I wouldn't really like to comment further on my visit here as I cannot do the area justice. I would however recommend checking out Craig's blog (Lutley Birder) at the below link for further information, sightings and visible migration photographs:


http://lutleybirder.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment